Here is our new address:PO Box 27016
Dundas McLaren RPO
Cambridge, ON N1R 8H1
Lions Quest School-Based Resources
Lions Quest Canada – The Centre for Positive Youth Development has enjoyed a long history supporting the implementation of Lions Quest School-Based Programs across the country over the last twenty-five years reaching over 50,000 educators with in-service and pre-service workshop training in every province and territory of Canada and in over 90 countries around the world. With the 2015 revision of the program resources we continue our strong support of Lions Quest School-Based Program implementation.
Schools implementing Lions Quest School-Based Programs have improved school climate, student-teacher relationships, interpersonal skills, and commitment to service. They have also noted increased attendance, a more positive school climate and improved academic performance. Schools implementing the programs have also noted a decrease in problem behaviours, incidents of bullying, in-school suspensions, out-of-school suspensions, and lower student stress levels.
Lions Quest School-Based Programs include:
- Skills for Growing for Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 5
- Skills for Adolescence for Grades 6 to 8
- Skills for Action for Grades 9-12
Lions Quest School-Based Program Resources offer the flexibility that schools need to implement successfully. Lessons take only 20-30 minutes per week and the professional development workshops are active, engaging and fun.
Lions Quest School-Based Program Implementation Options Include:
- 20-30 minute lesson/week for all students
- Homeroom/Advisory period curriculum resources
- Stand-alone course
- After-school program
- Drug, alcohol, and tobacco use prevention program
Lions Quest School-Based Program Workshops are one-day or two-day professional development workshops that offer comprehensive preparation in the delivery of the resources.
- Lions Quest Canada trainers meet the highest standards for professional development
- Lions Quest School-Based Program Workshops receive a 95% satisfaction rating for an “outstanding” experience.
Each Teacher’s Curriculum Kit includes:
- The Facilitator’s Guide is an easy-to-use “teacher’s edition” that contains annotated lesson plans, assessment and enrichment, and family and community connection activities.
- The Universal Program Guide includes the program rationale and overview, classroom implementation models, and guidelines for effective school-wide implementation. Also included are instructional strategies for creating a relationship-centered classroom, developing a positive school climate, and implementing service-learning.
- The Digital Resources offer rich ancillary support including “Projectables” for whole-class presentations, Family Connection take-home worksheets, and the Families and Partners guide designed to encourage family engagement and involvement in Lions Quest School-Based Programs.
Collected from sources from across Canada and around the world, these resources support your Positive Youth Development efforts and provide examples of best practice in the implementation of a wide range of ideas.