Our Work In Communities
All Kids Need:
- strong, positive relationships with people who care about them
- safe and caring places to live, learn, and play
- opportunities to provide service to others, and learn and try new things
- healthy habits
- hope for the future
If we believe it takes a village to raise a child, then we need to accept our role as a villager.
- Smile at young people.
- Learn their names and use them.
- Teach and learn from youth.
- Support the adults who teach, coach, mentor, and support young people.
Our approach is find their sparks, to support and nurture their strengths, to help minimize and reduce risky behaviours.
Check out our FREE Mindfulness Resources for home or with your group:
You can support Social Emotional Learning within your family as well:
We offer two different training options:
Do Your Part Community Rallies
The goal of our online, interactive small group rally is to provide a forum for adults who care about our children, their future, and the well-being of our communities to connect around positive youth development at the grassroots level. The topics in this 90 minute virtual gathering include:
- explore the importance of relationships
- identify Social Emotional Learning (SEL) competencies
- learn how our simple everyday actions have an impact
- commit to making a difference
Building Community Capacity Training of Trainers Workshop
This two-day workshop will equip you with the tools and strategies to effectively deliver workshops and development activities in your community.
- be introduced to the latest research around strength-based approaches and social emotional competencies
- become familiar with scripts, techniques, and tools to deliver presentations, workshop and other activities to a variety of audiences
- explore model strategies from communities across Canada
- plan for implementation and application of the concepts in your community
We are pleased to offer additional training opportunities and we can also customize a workshop for your specific needs. Please reach out to us to discuss your options.